Dreams can have a wide range of themes and as a result a wide range of interpretations and meanings which are so problematic to get. One of the most common dream themes is dreaming about snow which, per se, has various forms like snowfalls, snowstorms, snowmelts, etc that each one has its own meaning.
Among all types of dreams, snow dreams are so common which, sometimes, are considered as good dreams and in other times as bad ones, based on different factors, symbols and occasions in the dream. One of the most important factors in this regard is the type of snow such as snowstorm or snowmelt. In this post, we have prepared all possible dream interpretations of snow in various cultures and religions.
Dream Interpretation of Snow in Islam:
The Islamic dream interpretation of snow is profits, or it could indicate treatment for an illness.
Snow and fire coexist beside one another:
To see snow and fire coexist beside one another in a dream denotes love, passion, and companionship.
Snow in its season:
Dreaming about snow in its season implies washing away one’s difficulties and exposing one’s enemies or jealous companions.
Snow in other than wintertime:
The interpretation of such dreams is an illness, paralysis, or obstacles interrupting one’s travel plans, or it may signify sufferings, swearing, or deceit.
To see a heavy snowstorm in a dream foretells oppression in waking life.
The dream interpretation of a light snowfall or flurries in Islam is benefits to one’s town.
Melting snow in a dream is a sign indicating two possible messages: dispersal of agony, or the end of the depression. Like rain, snow in a dream is an indication of divine mercy and a good harvest.
Standing under a snowfall:
Standing under a snowfall in a dream represents enemy blows.
A snowstorm that culminates in icy roads, freezing and impeding the traffic in a dream is not a good omen indicating economic depression and slowing of the travel industry.
Dream Interpretation of Snow in Zhou-gong’s Dream Dictionary:
In Chinese culture, snow is usually considered as a sign of purity and beauty.
Snow is covering up everything:
to dream of snow covering up everything is a bad omen implying that the dreamer may suffer from thought suppression.
Snow falls in the day time:
This dream is usually an auspicious sign denoting that the dreamer will get some surprisingly good news in real life.
Snow falls in the night-time:
To see snow falls in the night-time or in the dark sky in a dream forecasts that the dreamer may have problems getting along with other people.
Witnessing an avalanche:
Witnessing an avalanche in your dream means that you may experience a relationship crisis or need to complete a high volume workload.
Being an avalanche victim:
It means that the dreamer will be able to make remarkable achievements in his/her waking life.
Snow falling on trees:
To see snow falling on trees in a dream implies that you will get funding for a project or get high returns on investments.
The dream meaning of snowmelt is a situation will take a favorable turn.
Being buried or trapped in the snow:
Dream about being buried or trapped in the snow suggests that the dreamer’s right idea may be misinterpreted.
Eating snow in a dream is an ominous sign denoting that the dreamer may have to experience a period of a tough time.
Playing in the snow:
This dream is a good omen implying that the dreamer will enjoy good luck in love.
It means that the dreamer will be able to keep a stable and loving relationship.
Seeing a snowstorm in a dream is a bad omen indicating that you may experience distress, anxiety or a sense of loneliness.
A snowstorm in a mountain:
To dream that there is a snowstorm in a mountain means that there will be some important good news.
A businessperson dream of snowfalls:
Snowfalls in the dream of a businessman is an indication suggesting that the dreamer will have a good chance to expand the business into an overseas market.
Dream Interpretation of Snow in Dream Dictionary for Dummies:
In this sense, the dream interpretation of snow is focusing on qualities like innocence, peace, stillness, purity, and tranquility, or making a clean start with a fresh perspective.
Emotionally speaking, to dream about snow means that the dreamer feels indifferent, isolated, shocked, restricted, or neglected. Snow and sleet in a dream indicate frozen or unexpressed emotions, while hail is a sign of feeling battered. Being snowed in represents that the dreamer must deal with a backlog of suppressed emotion before he/she can reengage with the world and melting snow in a dream signifies that you’re facing, understanding, and releasing frozen emotions and inhibitions.
In this case, seeing newly fallen snow in a dream heralds that you’re seeing the world with fresh eyes and a sense of wonder. To dream of a snowflake means your soul’s unique expression, complexity, and beauty. It symbolizes that your thoughts come from a quiet, neutral place.
- To see snow in your dreams means that while you have no real misfortune, there will be the appearance of illness and unsatisfactory enterprises.
- To find yourself in a snowstorm is a bad omen indicating sorrow and disappointment in failure to enjoy some long-expected pleasure. There always follows more or less discouragement after this dream.
- To eat snow in a dream means that the dreamer will fail to realize ideals.
- To see dirty snow implies that your pride will be humbled, and you will look for reconciliation with some a person whom you held in haughty contempt.
- To see snowmelt in a dream means that your fears will turn into joy.
- To see large, white snowflakes falling while looking through a window is an indication showing that you will have an angry interview with your sweetheart and the estrangement will be made worse by financial depression.
- To see snow-capped mountains in the distance in a dream warns the dreamer that his/her desires and ambitions will bring no worthy advancement.
- To see the sun shining through landscapes of snow indicates that the dreamer will conquer adverse fortune and possess himself/herself of power.
- To see snowballing in a dream means that you will have to struggle with dishonorable issues, and if your judgment is not well grounded, you will suffer defeat in your real life.
- To be snowbound or lost in a dream is a sign suggesting that there will be constant waves of ill luck breaking in upon you.
Other dream interpreters and psychologists have proposed some various dream interpretations for snow which are spiritual purity, beauty and the melting away of difficulties. Psychologically speaking snow in dreams can indicate emotional coldness or frigidity. When snow is lying on the ground in a dream, it can represent a protective covering. When blowing around its meaning is similar to that of rain. Snow is a crystallization of water, and as such denotes the crystallization of an idea or project and snowmelt in a dream implies the softening of the heart.
- Dream Dictionary For Dummies (Penney Peirce)
- Ten Thousand Dreams Interpreted (Gustavus Hindman Miller)
- The A To Z Of Dream Interpretations, What Dreams Reveal About Our Lives, Loves And Deepest Fears (Pamela J.Ball)